Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stebro stebro is offline

Default "IF" stmt says two cells are different but they are NOT

I need help troubleshooting an IF stamtent that is determining that the
values in two cells are different. The statement is literally

=IF((K5+K18-K37)=(I5+I18-I37),"Balances","Out of Balance")

The "K" series and the "I" series all evaluate to exactly the same thing so
the statement should be evaluating as TRUE but evaluates as FALSE.

I have removed as many variables as possible - for instance the series are
the results of other calculations, but I've dummied it down to just looking
at the values and it still tays they aren't equal.

I've seen this type of thing before related to the cell formats, but in this
case the formats are identical. I'm at the end of my rope - anybody out
there have anything left???

Most appreciated -
Steve