Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.setup
tishoo tishoo is offline

Default URL forwarding in Excel?

"David Biddulph" wrote

If you pointed your link from Excel, not directly to data.csv, but to an
html page, say data.htm, then in that html page you could include in the
<HEAD section the line:

Thanks for the response David. It's greatly appreciated.
Sadly that solution didn't work when I tried to launch the html page in
Excel (as I need to in this case),
although it did work if I launched the page in a web browser.

Here's the code I used:

<HEAD
<META http-equiv="REFRESH" content="5;
URL=http://www.mywebspace.com/data.csv"

<pRedirecting to <a
href="http://www.mywebspace.com/data.csv"data.csv</a</p]

Perhaps I'm doing it wrong though. I'm a beginner at this kind of thing

Best