Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
egibberate egibberate is offline

Default Problem Spaces

Thanks for your response JMB.

"JMB" wrote in message
Yep. The VBA Trim function will remove the leading and trailing spaces.
If
you ever have any problems w/ extra spaces between the words, such as

"Joe Bloggs & Sons Ltd"

you could use Application.Trim, which is the excel worksheet function
version that removes all extra spaces (not just the leading and trailing
spaces like the VBA version).

"egibberate" wrote:

Think I've sorted it. Trim? It worked so I guess it must be the correct
solution?

"egibberate" wrote in message
I'm comparing the string values in a column of Dealer Names to those
stored in an Array of Dealer Names.
My code isn't finding any matches (although there are plenty) & I think
it
is something to do with this;

When debug it & step through, I notice that the value of the string in
my
array looks something like this;

"Joe Bloggs & Sons Ltd"

but the variable is returning Dealer names from the column that look
something like this;

"Joe Bloggs & Sons Ltd "

I'm guessing the amount spaces between the last letter of the string &
the
quotation mark is why no matches
are being found. How can I solve this please,

"MERRY
XMAS EVERYONE ! " :-)