Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Martin Fishlock Martin Fishlock is offline

Default Counting items in a list

Try the following as an array formula:

=SUM((A1:A51)*(A1:A5<1))
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Matt" wrote:

That would work. However, I would like to use a formula syntax that is
similar to the original. I don't understand why that particular
formula is not working.
Thanks!

Ron Coderre wrote:
Try something like this:

With your posted example data in A1: A5

This formula returns the count of items between 1 and 10, exclusive
B1: =COUNTIF(A1:A5,"1")-COUNTIF(A1:A5,"=10")

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Matt" wrote:

Say if have a list of numbers in cells A1:A5

12
99
9
3
60

I would like to count the number of values that are between 1 and 10
exclusive using a formula something like this:

{=SUM(IF(AND(A1:A51,A1:A5<100),1,0))}

However I always get 0 for the answer. Any ideas?