Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Martin Fishlock Martin Fishlock is offline

Default Proper use of the MIRR (and IRR)

IRR(values,guess)

values are a range of values ie B2:B6, where B2=initial cash outflow/inflow
(t0)
B3=cashflow at theend of t1...
and the guess is a seed value which is optional

MIRR

MIRR(values,finance_rate,reinvest_rate)

Values are the same as IRR
Finance_rate is the interest rate you pay on the money used in the cash flows.
Reinvest_rate is the interest rate you receive on the cash flows as you
reinvest them.

eg:
IRR(B2:B6)
MIRR(B2:B6,.1,.05)

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"nostabo" wrote:

I want to provide a MIRR and an IRR analysis for the implementation of
proposed systems. As such I have 5 years of expenses for the analysis period
and 5 years of revenue. All of these values are from the year-end.

How do I setup the IRR and MIRR parameters. The function prototypes (and the
Excel help) slightly confuses me concerning the values parameter:
MIRR(values,finance_rate,reinvest_rate)

IRR(values,guess)

Thanks in advance for your adivce,

Rick