Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dribler2 dribler2 is offline

Default for xmas, i wish this is possible

I have belief on you Gary, that's a good start. surely you can extend this
macro, let's say a color "bright green" for cells with a formula...please
proceed.
happy holidays
4pinoy

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

I am sorry that this is not the complete solution, only a start:

Select an area of cell in the worksheet and run:

Sub color_me_yellow()
test = ""
For Each r In Selection
On Error Resume Next
If r.Dependents.Address = "" Then
Else
r.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
End If
Next
End Sub

If a data cell is being used by another cell's formula, it will be colored
yellow. At least you can tell is a data cell is not really being used.
--
Gary's Student

"dribler2" wrote:

I would be very glad if anybody in this forum can help me with one of my
unknown.

from a large spreadsheet, filled with data and formulas, no outside
worksheet linking, I like to have the cells to have conditionally filled
colors,

e.g (in one sheet).
if one cell is use in a formula by other cellS, i need it to have an
automatic color

the gradient of colors can be chosen as you can suggest, and must depend on
the following intermittent range of condition
1. if a cell is referred by a formula by about -say maximum- 1000 times
then the color should be gold,
2. when the cell is the least referred by a formula by about - say minimum -
1 time then the color should be light green.
3. for cells used on intermittent times, u can suggest colors.

maybe this is possible to help me clean up many large muddy files - with
irrelevant data.

thanks for any suggestion.