Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default Does anyone have a military draft simulator?

Install the analysis toolpack if it is not already(Tools-Add-In)
You can use =RANDBETWEEN(1,365) to randomly select a number between 1 and 365

--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"Tampa Tom" wrote:

I'm a history teacher, and I wanted to conduct a 'mock' military draft for my
students to show how the draft process would work.

Effectively, the process requires someone to pick a date and a number
randomly out of two separate barrels. (Say January 5 and 137). That would
mean that everyone with a January 5 birthday would be called up in the 137th
group.

I have an excel sheet set up with the months and days, but I need to figure
how to assign the numbers (1 - 365) to each of those dates 'randomly'.

Thanks for your help.