Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KC Rippstein KC Rippstein is offline

Default ok, let me try again...i seem to be "challenged"

If you do your formula idea in column B, then in cell A1, just put
=LOOKUP(2,1/B1:B10000,B1:B10000) and set 10000 as high as you need.
Also, if you set your data up as a list, then you just make new entries at
the bottom of the list and the formula automatically drags down for you.
That way you don't have to drage your formula down to B10000.

"gotta know" wrote in message
ups.com...
Now, I am wondering if this is possible...

1. My formula gives me two values - either 0 or 1.

2. I input data daily in column A

3. I need a sum of the "trailing" 25 periods

4. My cells look like this:

a2001 1
a2002 1
a2003 0
a2004 0
a2005 0
a2006 0
a2007 1
a4999 1
a5000 1
etc.

5. Of course, I could create a formula adjacent to the cell, b5000=
sum(a4076:a5000), but I would like to have that same result listed on
cell A1 for the previous 25 periods (for quick reference/summary page).
Is that possible?

-E