Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
toni.gee toni.gee is offline

Default New Workbook Task Pane

Why not put your designed templates in the Template folder? This is normally
found at C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates.

You can add another button to your toolbar through
Tools¦Customize...¦Commands and selecteing the top item under the File
category (New...). Instead of opening a new blank worksheet, this button will
display the templates available in your Template folder. Change the icon and
the Name/Tooltip to prevent confusion with the New button.

"martinson" wrote:

I got the answer for this question in Word, but I can't seem to do the same
for Excel. When I click on File, New, I'd like it to go directly to our
designed template folder in stead of giving me the task pane where I have to
click "on my computer..." to get to my template folder. In Word, I
reassigned File, New to "FileNewDialog" and made sure my screen tips was on
and it works great. How do I do the same for Excel?
--
martinson portland