Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
phocused phocused is offline

Default Counting Blanks in a list of dates by month

Bob, worked a dream, thanks, I may need to rethink how i do this however.
Having applied your formula I realised that it records the data as required
however once i enter an end date in B2 all data for the previous months and
zero it. This means i end up with no historic data telling me how many calls
were opened by month.

i'll have a thnk about it. but again

Many thanks for your help.

Rgds Paul

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In C2

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH($A$2:$A$20)=MONTH(C$1)),--(YEAR($A$2:$A$20)=YEAR(C$1)),--($B$2:$B$20=""))

and copy across

--
---
HTH

Bob

"phocused" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet set up in the following way

A B C E f
------etc
2 Start Date End Date Apr05 May05 Jun05
Jul05 ----etc
3 1 2
2
2
4 12/03/05 15/05/05
5 15/05/05
6 17/04/05 19/04/05
7 18/04/05

What i want to do is to identify by month a count of any entries that
havent
been closed. i though the easiest way would be to check for an entry in
the
end date column, if it exists then do nothing.
If there is no entry then, check the start date and add 1 to the count in
each following month upto today().
For some reason however i cannt get it to work it doesnt seem to recognise
"="""

Any help would be appreciated
rgds Paul