Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith Fred Smith is offline

Default Converting total minutes into hours and minutes in Excel

In addition to Dave's comments, if hours are greater than 24, you can easily
display them using a custom format of [h]:mm.

Fred

"Martin Fishlock" wrote in message
If the hours will be less than 24 then use 127/60 and format the cell as time
using 24 hour clock.

If the hours will be 24 or greater use =int(127/60)&":"&text(mod(127,60),"00")
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Colette" wrote:

I have a project which only gives me minutes. I need to convert the total
minutes to hours and minutes. Example: 127 is the number (total minutes).
I need it to read it took 2 hours and 7 minutes to complete. Needs to look
like this 2:07