Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Converting total minutes into hours and minutes in Excel

No, Martin. Excel's times are in days, not hours. Colette will need to
divide by 24, as well as by 60. Your formula will give 2:48 (having lost
the odd 2 days), rather than 2:07.
--
David Biddulph

"Martin Fishlock" wrote in message
If the hours will be less than 24 then use 127/60 and format the cell as
time
using 24 hour clock.

Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Colette" wrote:

I have a project which only gives me minutes. I need to convert the
total
minutes to hours and minutes. Example: 127 is the number (total
minutes).
I need it to read it took 2 hours and 7 minutes to complete. Needs to
look
like this 2:07