Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Rounding in Excel

Hi--Bob Phillips' response should address your issue.

From your original post, it sounded like the values in question were 0.50
and 0.51. Apologies.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"UBR362" wrote:

Dave

Here is what I want

E9 = 150.00 (Base amount)
G9 = 154.50 (Adjusted amount)
I9 = 154.00 (Trying to get this to round down to 154 not 155)

I plugged in what you gave me but it didn't work. Heres what I tried.

=IF(G9=.51,ROUNDUP(G9,0),ROUNDDOWN(G9,0))

This gave me 155 which I need it to round down to 154.

Thanks

"Dave F" wrote:

Look at the ROUNDDOWN and ROUNDUP features

=IF(A1=.51,ROUNDUP(A1,0),ROUNDDOWN(A1,0))

Dave

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"UBR362" wrote:

Want to know if this is even possible. I need excel to round numbers down
that are .50 and lower and up for numbers that are .51 and higher. Excel
tends to round up when numbers are .50 and higher.
So for instance
10.51 and higher would need to round up to 11 whereas
10.50 and lower would round down 10.
I am very unfamiliar with formulas so if you can explain to me what to do
step by step I would appreciate it.

Thanks