Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alicia Alicia is offline

Default Change m/d/yyyy to mmddyyyy in text

My favorite gurus,
I'm trying to upload to the Social Security Administration our employees to
check their SSN and make sure it is correct. The part that is kicking my @$$
is changing the DOB to their required mmddyyyy format which must be text as
this turns into a fixed length text file (with the help of the handy formula
I found through the newsgroup.)

I can use the =Month(a2) to get the month and =day(a2) to get the day. The
problem I'm having is making all the one digit months and days into 2 digit
month and days. I've tried formatting them and then making it text and it
reverts to 1 digit again. This is driving me crazy!

So, I want:

8/1/1964 to be 08011964 as text.

Your help is always appreciated. I rave about the newsgroups and love
finding the links so I can educate myself.

Thanks,
Alicia