Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
rjr rjr is offline

Default Linking daily forms to Master Summary Form

Hello,

I have Excel 2003 and have this problem that I hope someone can assist me
with.

I have to export approximately 20 worksheets daily from a mainframe computer
and they are exported in CSV format. Each worksheet is data for 1 day of the
month.

I have 5 centers (or groups of people) that have their own statistics. So I
have to export daily at least 100 worksheets grouped by each individual
centers. The centers are Center 1; Center 2; Center 3; Center 4; & Center 5.

I'm thinking that I will make a Master Center file folder containing up to
31 (depending on how many days in the month) individual folders (based on
the day of the week). I would download the exported information and for each
day of the week place them in the individual folders and always follow
through with the same name all the time, just change the folders.

Once the worksheets are downloaded I will have a report inside the daily
folder that will be linked to these individual worksheets for a summary of
each days activity. Since the information will vary from day to day I have
no need to have a monthly summary at the end of the month..

Is there and easier way to assemble the information that I've outlined above
in excel and/or does anyone have any comments based on their skills that
could help me make it better.

Thanks so much to all that help with these message boards and I hope someone
has some ideas?

BobReynolds