Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Frag Frag is offline

Default Text value 0e00 still treated as a number?

I have two sets of numbers in hex and am comparing one set against the other.
It appears that 0E00 when entered as a text formatted cell is treated as
numeric 0 when consequently referenced for formatting operations.

(The problem actually happens with certain ranges 0E00-0E09 but not 0E0A -
0E0F, and then again with 0E10-0E19 but not 0E1A-0E1F etc)

I have tried setting the format of cells used for the ranges to text before
entering the values and using the apostrophe before each value, and
combinations of both techniques - I still get the same issue.

I can supply an example if required. Any ideas?

Thanks