Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steen Steen is offline

Default Conditional Forting - Make different row color work with autof

Thanks for your help :-)

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Steen

I was mistaken in my answer.

I tested with a spurious set of data and got the results of alternating colors.

See Max's post at your new thread.

Apologies for the misinformation.

Gord

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:36:00 -0800, Steen
wrote:

Hi Gord

Yes, I am using this formula in conditional formating and it "almost" work
fine. My problem that I use a lot of filtering causing nested rows of even or
od resulting in several nested rows in the same color - do you have any
solutions for this issue?

Befo No Filter on B After: Filter=1 On B Wanted:
filter=1 on B
A B A B A
1 White 1 1 White 1 1 White 1
2 Blue 2 3 White 1 3 Blue 1
3 White 1 4 Blue 1 4 White 1
4 Blue 1

/Steen
"Gord Dibben" skrev:

Steen

Yes.

Have you tried it and did not get what you wanted?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:33:01 -0800, Steen
wrote:

Hi

I am using the Conditional format formulat: =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 to color each
2'nd row in a different background color. Is it possible to make this work
even with filtered data (still coloring each 2'nd row when filter is active)?

/Steen

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP