Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Separate figures from Text

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:11:02 -0800, Mat wrote:

Dear Mate,

I have some 1000+ data which has a mix of text and figues combined. Each
combined entry is in one cell. I need to separate them or remove the figures
from the text for examaple.

4357890Robetson & company
6578David Co. Ltd
1234bedrock ltd

Regards

Mat

It's not entirely clear exactly what you want to do.

There is a difference between "separating them" and "remove the figures from
the text".

In any event, if you download and install Longre's free morefunc.xll add-in
from http://xcell05.free.fr

you can use the formula:

=REGEX.SUBSTITUTE(A1,"\d")

to return the string with all the digits removed.

If you want to separate the text and figures, you could use the formula:

=REGEX.SUBSTITUTE(A1,"\D")

to return just the digits (and the first formula to return the string without
the digits).

If you want something else, please be more specific.

--ron