Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jugglertwo Jugglertwo is offline

Default Date data not viewed as Date?

I have tried some previous posts for other questions somewhat relating to my
situation and they don't work.
Is there something uniquely wrong with my data?

A customer has imported some data into Excel.
They have a column that shows data
that looks like a date format: Nov 23 2005 6:47 AM
However, the format appears to be General. When they try to format this
column to Date Formats, the data does not accept the format change to dates.
It just doesn't act like normal data when the Date formats are applied. The
formatting list also shows an asterick (*) now.

Jugglertwo