Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

Default Reversing a column. How?

go to a blank column, starting at the top, enter the address of the last cell
on your list, if it's column a, you would type A50, below that, type A49.
Now, highlight those two cells, and use the Fill Handle (the square in the
lower right corner of the bottom cell) and drag it down, you shoule end up
with a column of A50, A49, A48, etc.

Now, lets say the column you just made was B, use the formula
=INDIRECT(B1,1) and copy that formula down.

That's the best I could come up with?

" wrote:

How do I reverse the order of items in a column? I have a column of
50 numbers. How do I create a new column of numbers so that the first
number in the new column is the last number in the old column and the
last number of the new column is the first number in the old column?
Is there an easy way to do this?