Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stumac stumac is offline

Default Delete cell memory

Hi Bhiravi, you can go into Tools, Options, Edit, and deselect the enable
autocomplete. This would need to be done on all machines where the form is
used. Alternatively you could put some vb in:

Application.EnableAutoComplete = True
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.EnableAutoComplete = False
End Sub

Just to check when you say form are you referring to a formatted worksheet
that looks like a form? If so you can set up the data validation to only
allow the values Y & and N, then even though it will suggest an auto complete
it wont allow the user to continue with that value.

Hope this helps

Stu

"Bhiravi" wrote:

I have a form set up to accept Y or N values input by the user. However, when
the user puts in an N value, the spreadsheet auto enters a value beginning
with N that was entered into another cell. Ie. it is auto inputting from
memory I'm assuming? How do I erase this, so that when the user puts in the
input, Excel does not assume what the user is typing?