Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Barb is offline

Default Turn off auto selection of cells when moving mouse

Suddenly now when I click on a cell in Excel, when I move my mouse away from
the cell it starts to highlight all the cells in the direction I move my
mouse, even though I do not have the mouse button clicked to do this. It
won't let me out of cell selection mode and I cannot access the tool bars or
anything unless I Alt+Esc out and then use the Task Manager to close. Even
if I Alt+Esc out switch to another program, the cell selection still occurs
in the background in the directions that my mouse is moving in the other
program.