Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alfie Alfie is offline

Default I need to determine how frequently two values appear together

I need a formula to assist me in counting instances where two values occur
together in a row through a specific range of cells. To put it simply, let's
say the numbers 1 through 20 are numbers that are returned from an array of
sensors tuned to those specific values, and I have 5 to 10 sensors returning
a stream of data. I have created a table with x and y axes both running 1 to
20, and want the intersecting cells to tell me how many times number from
axis y occurs with number from axis x. (I have built my table with
conditional formatting to gray out cells that intersect matching numbers, 1
and 1, etc.)

eg:
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 (...etc.)
01
02
03
04
05
06
(...etc.)

Been pouring through functions, examples, help files, and questions on here.
Have found nothing yet that is close to what I need. Anybody have an idea?