Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Vargasjc Vargasjc is offline

Default How do I convert a text array to a concatenated text cell? Exc

At this point I guess I'm gonna bear it. Although I'd like to make that a
user defined fucntion, UDF. How the heck do I do that?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

If you don't mind VBA, then:

Function multicat(r As Range) As String
multicat = ""
For Each rr In r
multicat = multicat & rr.Value
Next
End Function
--
Gary's Student

"Vargasjc" wrote:

I'm trying to concatenate different cell values into one single cell in a
dynamic table. Usually one could use =concatenate(), or do something like
=A1&" ,"&A2 and so on. What I want to try to do is concatenate an array of
values into a single cell. For example, =concatenate(B1:B5), but in this case
the result is an array equivalent to {=B1:B5}, which I find most disturbing.
Is there any way to do this I need to do?