Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Banker Banker is offline

Default Formatting Cells

I have a similar problem (See post Excell 2000 - Format Cell - Custom dated
12/18/2006). Martin W was kind enough to supply this suggestion ...... One
way is to divide all your data by 100, by putting 100 in a blank cell, copy
it, then select all your data and EditPaste Special click divide and OK.

Then format them as currency with 2 decimal places
and $ as the symbol.

"amkake" wrote:

I enter 5562815 in a cell, then try to format it to currency. I've tried all
the choices and it changes to $5,562,815.00 instead of $55,628.15 like I want
it to.
Help!