Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default need sumproduct

It depends on what you actually want. Try these based on your example and
note the difference:

=ROUND(SUMPRODUCT(A1:A3,B1:B3),2)

=SUMPRODUCT(ROUND(A1:A3,2),ROUND(B1:B3,2))

=ROUND(SUMPRODUCT(ROUND(A1:A3,2),ROUND(B1:B3,2)),2 )

The first formula returns the result you posted.

Biff

"driller2" wrote in message

I have two columns (e.g. a1:a100 and b1:b100) filled numeric values and
i need the sumproduct of the two columns of data, considering that it
will only read or sum the each result up to 2 decimal places only ....

can anyone help me out with this with a single formula.

e.g.

[col A] [col B] [rounded product A*B]

[$ 1.233 ] [ 33.222 ] [ $ 40.96 ]
[$ 0.245 ] [ 11.111 ] [ $ 2.72 ]
[$ 0.122 ] [ -3.215 ] [ $ -0.39 ]

from the above sample the sum of the product (2 decimals) = $43.29

can anyone help me out with this using a single formula for my quick
presentation.

any of your suggestion is requested.

thanks
romelsb 4pinoy :) on banter