Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
RichardSchollar RichardSchollar is offline

Default Need help with a formula

OK assuming your data on Wrksht2 is in column A (adjust as appropriate)
then on Wrksht 2 you'd use a formula like:

=ISNUMBER(MATCH(Wrksht2!A2,Wrksht1!$L:$L,0))

which will return True if the exact number is also on Wrksht1 col L or
False if it isn't.

Hope this helps!

Richard

New guy via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Good Morning

I'm trying to create a formula that will compare one cell to another column
on a different page.

Lets say i have the PO A999-9999 on Wrksht 2 I want to compare this to column
L on Wrksht 1 and if it finds a match say true.

I have tried =L2='Worksheet1'!L2:L2456
also =L2='Worksheet1'!L:L

It just keeps saying false and there are a couple that I know is true... so
can anyone help me out with this asap? thanks!!