Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MMangen MMangen is offline

Default Problem with changing cell contents with $ sign

That didn't work....any other ideas?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Probable that the numbers are imported as Text.

Format all to General.

Copy an empty cell and then select your range of data then EditPaste Special(in
place)AddOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:14:00 -0800, MMangen
wrote:

We are copying and pasting a document from the internet and when the dollar
amounts are being pasted into Excel there is a dollar sign in front of the
number, which is not allowing us to use the sub-total function in Excel.
We've tried to re-format, to no avail. I've also used hunt and replace to
take out the dollar sign, still, same result.