Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PapaDos PapaDos is offline

Default Creating number from groups of numbers

How large is your data set ?

The formula should not be very difficult, but it becomes quite long as the
number of columns increases...
Luc.

"Festina Lente"

"Jordan" wrote:

If someone could help me with this I would really appreciate it.

If you have three sets of numbers. Say in Column A you have 1 2 & 3 in
Column B you have 4 5 & 6 and then in Column C you have 7 8 & 9.

Is there any way to see all the variations of numbers you could come up with
if you used one number from each Column. For example starting with the
number 1 in Column A you could end up with 9 different numbers, see example
below. Also, they have to be in order, so Column A number always has to be
in first place, Column B in second place and Column C in Third.

The data set I am using is much larger which is why I'm looking for a way to
handle this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
147
148
149
157