Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
laurenm laurenm is offline

Default Message alert

Great! I will give this a try too.

Thanks again!
LaurenM

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Lauren

In the Before_Close() you can also use the Cancel Parameter to stop the
close if you know something is wrong

Cancel=True

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"laurenm" wrote in message
Brilliant! This worked perfectly! Thanks you so much for your fast reply!

LaurenM

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Lauren

You could put some code in the Workbook_Open() event that would fire each
time the workbook is opened

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
MsgBox "You must do this!"
End Sub

You could put the closing code in the Workbook_BeforeClose() event like
so

MsgBox "Have you done this?"
End Sub

These sit in the ThisWorkbook module. This can be accessed by right
clicking the small Excel icon next to the file menu and selecting 'View
code'

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"laurenm" wrote in message
Hi all,

Is there anyway I can create a pop up message that would remind the
user
do something upon opening an Excel sheet and on closing the Excel
sheet?
This
sheet is something our users are editing but it would be nice to have
them
automatically reminded to perform a specific action. We are using Excel
2002
and Excel 2003. I know there are message alerts I can create but I
think
they
only apply if someone fills in certain data in a cell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
LaurenM