Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Auto Format in Excel 2007

No problem...It is a curve, but I've been using it for a year now (not in
earnest) and it does become easier!

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Larry L." wrote in message
Thank you very much Nick!

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Larry

Autoformat has been massively enhanced and allowed to be customised. If
you
set up a table (InsertTable) you will get a new tab Called Table
ToolsDesign. This has a chunk called 'Quick styles', there is a huge
array
of auto-formats here, the same applies for Pivot tables.

The 'key' to 2007 is to insert what you want first and you will get a
contextual tab or two light up on the ribbon with features associated to
your current task

Now... If you truly want the auto-format of old, then you can add it to
the
QAT (Quick Access Toolbar). Click on the arrow to the right of the QAT
and
select More commands... select 'All commands' from the drop-down and it's
there in the list

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Larry L." wrote in message
Hello,

I have been playing around with Excel 2007, and I see it will take a
little
time to get used to. I have a question. What happened to Auto Format,
found
in prior versions of Excel?

I used that feature a lot, and now I cannot find it anywhere. Can
someone
point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Larry