Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Cut and Paste Only Non-Hidden Rows

Don

Copy instead of cut, then return to your filter and press the delete key and
sort. This will leave just the filtered data.

Hope I understand

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Fishman4" wrote in message
I run a report every week that is exported to EXCEL. Once there, I check
the
listed data against hard copy records that we keep and if the hard copy is
present, I enter the date that record was generated in a corresponding
column
in my spreadsheet. Every time I run the report, I add it to the same
sheet
and it is getting very long. To manage this, I use the autofilter
function
to display only the rows with the date column containing information (all
non
blanks). Then, I cut the displayed data and paste it into another sheet.
The problem is, when I do the cut, it cuts the displayed information as
well
as the hidden information. Is there a way to leave the hidden info and
cut
only the displayed info? Or even create a macro that will automatically
move
the row that has this column populated? That would make me an even bigger
hero. Thanks in advance for your condideration.

Don F.
--
Fishman4