Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AccessHelp AccessHelp is offline

Default Excel Templates

Good morning,

I have a regular Excel file. I then saved it as a template file. When I
click on the template file, it opens my regular Excel file. Is it supposed
to be that way?

I am new to Excel template. What are the benefits of saving as a template
(vs. regular)? My regular Excel file is pulling data from an Access
database, and it will use by the users. Someone mentioned to me that one of
the benefits of templates is users can use it. When they want to save it, it
will prompt them for a new file, which means it will not overwrite the
template.

Thanks.