Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
K1KKKA K1KKKA is offline

Default Macro to Formula References

Nick,,

Please forget last reply, Event macro works fine, many thanks, no need
to run the button

Steve

K1KKKA wrote:
Thanks Nick,

worked a charm, may i ask 1 more question, can i run an event macro
from a button on the sheet?

Steve

Nick Hodge wrote:
Steve

You could use a worksheet_change event, like that below (To implement, right
click on the sheet tab and select 'view code...' and paste the code in the
resulting window

Dim fnd As Range
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then
Set fnd = Range("A2:A65536").Find(Target.Value)
If fnd Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Date not found", vbOKOnly + vbInformation
Exit Sub
End If
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = Target.Row
fnd.Select

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
DTHIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"K1KKKA" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Am new to writing my own macros and am struggling with the following.

I have a spreadsheet that has multiple amounts of data and each row
starts with a date, when i enter the Date into Cell "A1" i would like
to run a macro that reads this date and jumps to the Row that has the
corresponding date and data,

Is this possible??

Any help would be appreciated

Steve