Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Array formulas won't recognize external data from Microsoft Query

External data, depending on it's source, quite often comes in as data, try
either setting the data in MSQuery if you database accepts something like
the Val or Value functions, or copy a 1 and select your imported data and
EditPaste special...Values and multiply should 'force then to be seen as
numbers

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"mmrtech" wrote in message
I set up an external query to pull data from an Oracle database into a
sheet
in my excel file. I have array formulas on another sheet that use the
external data as their data source for calculations. The problem is that
all
of the array formula results are zero.

I found that if I re-type the data in external data cells, the data is
recognized and my array formula sums increase accordingly. I think there
is
some kind of hidden formatting on the external data, but can't find it.
Please help.

Thanks.