Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Calculate review date

My understanding is that the OP would wish the formula to continue to update
the review date every 6 months, so someone hired in 2004, for example,
should still have their next review date shown? That's what my formula was
trying to do, and similarly the two shorter options from daddylonglegs.
--
David Biddulph

"JMay" wrote in message
In G3 enter:
=IF(EDATE(G2,6)<TODAY(),EDATE(G2,12),EDATE(G2,6))

The must have the Analysis ToolPak (Add-In) installed
In order to access the EDate() function.

"SGT Buckeye" wrote in message
oups.com:

My employees receive bi-annual reviews. I know how to write a formula
to add six months to the hire date (in cell G2) to get the next review
date in cell G3. However, once the next review date is passed I want
the date in cell G3 to add another six months so that it always reflect
the next review date. I will then conditionally format the cell to
identify when I am two weeks or less from the next review date. I hope
this is clear enough. Any suggestions?