Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Colours in user-defined charts

"Fredrik E. Nilsen" wrote in message
The colour issue is not really a problem in this particular case,
though I see your point. But: If I pull the colours from chart fill
and chart line colours in xlusrgal.xls, that won't affect the standard
colours? I see that it will affect the last 16 colours of the palettes
but thats not a problem, it's a bonus feature. :)

If you pull the color palette from the user gallery workbook (i.e., copy the
color palette), it will affect all 56 colors of the palette.

If you pull the colors from the chart element colors of the user gallery
(i.e., apply the user-defined chart types), it will not affect any of the
palette colors in the target workbook. The color index of each chart element
will use the color index (position in the palette) of the element in the
user gallery, but not necessarily the same color if the palettes are not the
same.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP