Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Colours in user-defined charts

If you want to apply these on a chart by chart basis then the real approach
is to develop code for all the changes you want - line thickness, axis,
colors and so on. Run that code from an xla just as described earlier. This
is safer than applying a user defined chart because of the problems I
mentioned. You code will require that the user select the chart and then
execute the code. As for color, if the color is from the default pallete,
you might as well include it in the macro rather than changing the pallete.
When you change the pallete you effect everything that uses it not just all
charts.

Regards,
Shane

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Fredrik E. Nilsen" wrote:

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:16:01 -0800, ShaneDevenshire
wrote:

Hi Fredrik,

To the best of my knowledge you can only apply colors from the current
workbook's color pallete and the color is referenced not by its color but by
its position.

If you use my suggestion of the XLA macro you can put the XLA on a server
and tell each user how to attach it. Once attached all they will need to do
in the future is press the shortcut key whenever they open an old file with
chart which they want to have updated to the new color scheme. It's a one
time process for each file, not each chart. If you need to know how to make
the file an xla and attach it, let me know.

Thanks again Shane. I have already made the XLA and made a toolbar
with all the user-defined charts, it works like a charm but with the
limitations mentioned in you earlier post.

--
Fredrik E. Nilsen