Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs daddylonglegs is offline

Default Calculate review date

Perhaps a little simpler....

=DATE(YEAR(G2),MONTH(G2)+CEILING(DATEDIF(G2,TODAY( )-1,"m")+1,6),DAY(G2))

or using EDATE

=EDATE(G2,CEILING(DATEDIF(G2,TODAY()-1,"m")+1,6))

Note that the first of these gives the same result as David's suggestion but
the EDATE version gives different results for hire dates like 31st March,
31st May, 31st Octber etc. i.e. the first formula will give some 31st October
hire date reviews on 1st May whereas the EDATE version will give 30th
April......

"JLatham" wrote:

I rather like it!

Had me going for a minute, as I entered 1/1/06 as hire date and got 1/1/07
as next review due date. Then I realized that is correct since presumably
there was a review performed on 7/1/06 and with us being in December, then
1/1/07 is correct.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

In G3, try:
=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(G2)+6*((TODAY()DATE(YEA R(TODAY()),MONTH(G2),DAY(G2)))+(TODAY()DATE(YEAR( TODAY()),MONTH(G2)+6,DAY(G2)))),DAY(G2))
--
David Biddulph

"SGT Buckeye" wrote in message
oups.com...
My employees receive bi-annual reviews. I know how to write a formula
to add six months to the hire date (in cell G2) to get the next review
date in cell G3. However, once the next review date is passed I want
the date in cell G3 to add another six months so that it always reflect
the next review date. I will then conditionally format the cell to
identify when I am two weeks or less from the next review date. I hope
this is clear enough. Any suggestions?