Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Calculate review date

I rather like it!

Had me going for a minute, as I entered 1/1/06 as hire date and got 1/1/07
as next review due date. Then I realized that is correct since presumably
there was a review performed on 7/1/06 and with us being in December, then
1/1/07 is correct.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

In G3, try:
=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(G2)+6*((TODAY()DATE(YEA R(TODAY()),MONTH(G2),DAY(G2)))+(TODAY()DATE(YEAR( TODAY()),MONTH(G2)+6,DAY(G2)))),DAY(G2))
--
David Biddulph

"SGT Buckeye" wrote in message
oups.com...
My employees receive bi-annual reviews. I know how to write a formula
to add six months to the hire date (in cell G2) to get the next review
date in cell G3. However, once the next review date is passed I want
the date in cell G3 to add another six months so that it always reflect
the next review date. I will then conditionally format the cell to
identify when I am two weeks or less from the next review date. I hope
this is clear enough. Any suggestions?