Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster pinmaster is offline

Default Introduce decimal point in a list of values in column.

Hi,

Try this, in a blank cell type 1000, copy it then select your data, paste
special and under "operation" select divide and click ok.

HTH
Jean-Guy

"ssb" wrote:

Hi,

Any help with this problem would be great..! Thanks for your attention.

In Column A, there is a long list of numbers: 124, 145673, 2345,
178353, etc. I need to come up with a quicker way of introducing a
decimal point with three decimal places (divide by 1000) to get
something like this IN THE SAME column. No new column must be
introduced to achieve this.

0.124
145.673
2.345
178.353, etc.

Since the list is too long, manually editing the cells and introducing
decimals would be tedious.

On using formulae and functions, I end up get circular references. Let
me know if there is any way.
Thanks.