Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Adam Graham Adam Graham is offline

Default List the one nonempty cell

I was wrong, these don't work. They do, if the cells in column B are imputed
manually, but in my case they are controlled by an 'IF' formula, where truth
is indicated by text and falseness is indicated by "", to create a blank
cell. Both these formulas interperate "" as text.

I may need to find a new way to do this altogether, unless someone knows of
a way to manipulate either of these formulas to exclude the blank cells, in
other words, list the only cell that is not "".

A formula that would work would also do the following:

case 1: cell should say "Text 3"
false
false
Text 3
false

case 2: cell should say "Text 2"
false
Text 2
false
false

Thanks for your help, though, in truth you did answer my question!
"T. Valko" wrote:

Another one:

=INDEX(B:B,MATCH("*",B:B,0))

Biff

"Adam Graham" <Adam wrote in message
All of column B is empty except one cell. The non-empty cell is in a
different place each week. I want a formula that will give the text in
the
nonempty cell, regardless of which cell is nonempty at that point in time.
For example.

Week 4
Cell should say "Text 4"

A B