Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Label brackets switched around in 2003

Hi Julie,

This sounds like a formatting problem. If so, select the data labels on the
chart and choose Format, Selected Data Labels, Number tab, and pick a better
format.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"juliejg1" wrote:

I have office 2003. I noticed that when I receive a chart from someone in an
earlier version of Excel, the negative data labels that were formatted with
brackets will have the brackets flipped backwards..like )123( instead of
(123). I can't seem to be able to correct this. Cannot even type in the
correct format right in the data label. Any suggestions?