Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AirBoss AirBoss is offline

Default Merge data rows at fixed ratio

OK, I see that now.

If the desired ratio was, say, 6:5, how would the C:A1,C:B1,C:C1 logic
be changed?

C: A1 logic would presumably be MOD 11, but how about the other 2, if
we assume a sequential merge with the extra "A" tacked onto the end?

Thanks.

-AB

Max wrote:
Is this calculating the ratio of input file sizes (rows)?

The suggestion doesn't calculate the ratio -- the ratio is taken as a known
param. It melds the rows from the 2 source sheets in exactly the manner
desired in "C", viz.: the first 2 rows from "A", followed by the first row
from "B", then the 3rd & 4th rows from "A", followed by the 2nd row from
"B", and so on ..
--
Max
Singapore
"AirBoss" wrote in message
oups.com...
Aha. I'll see if I can understand what's going on and why the earlier
try resulted in circular calc at C:B1.

Is this calculating the ratio of input file sizes (rows)?

Thanks, Max.