Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BCC BCC is offline

Default How do I add data from cells in different worksheets?

Thanks for the advice. Yes, the totals of each category are in the same cell
on the different sheets. I just tried your suggestion and I get an error --
the cell reads "#NAME?". Perhaps I should mention that I named the sheets.
Do I need to use the names of the sheets instead of Sheet 1, etc? I tired
this and still get the error. Advice?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

If the totals on each worksheet are in the same cell you can set up a 3D
reference to them on one sheet.

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet10!H34) where H34 on each sheet holds a total for a category
on that sheet.

If the cells are randomly placed on each sheet it becomes more difficult.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 12:43:01 -0800, BCC wrote:

I have created an Excel file with a worksheet for each month's expenses. I
would like to have a final worksheet to sum all the different categories.
How do I add cells from multiple worksheets?
Thanks!!