Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Help with function created in VBA

You have another response at your first(?) post.

The difference is in the way negative numbers would be treated.

Bob K wrote:

The function below excludes cells with the value of #N/A. I am also trying
to get it to exclude cells with a value of 0 (zero). Thus if I have 4 cells
with the follwing values:
#N/A
10
0
40

The min value that would be calculated would be 10.

thanks,

bob k

Function MinPrice4(ParamArray arglist() As Variant) As Variant 'text or number
Dim arg As Variant
Dim FoundANumber As Boolean
Dim myMin As Double

myMin = 100 ^ 100 'some really big number
FoundANumber = False

For Each arg In arglist
If IsNumeric(arg) Then
FoundANumber = True
myMin = WorksheetFunction.Min(myMin, arg)
End If
Next arg

If FoundANumber = True Then
MinPrice4 = myMin
Else
MinPrice4 = "Item Not Bid"
End If
End Function
Sub aa()
MsgBox MinPrice4("a", 3, CVErr(xlErrNA))

Dave Peterson