Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Extract email addresses

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:11:15 -0000, <Andy wrote:

Ron

That's amazing!! I don't know if it's amazing because it works so well - or
because I don't know how the hell it does it!!

Cheers.
Andy.

Regular Expressions are a very powerful tool to use for working with strings.

Here's some information on Regular Expressions and using them in VBA:

http://www.regular-expressions.info/reference.html
http://support.microsoft.com/default...02&Product=vbb
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...63906a7353.asp

For an implementation done as an add-in, which can handle strings up to 255
characters in length, download and install Longre's free morefunc.xll add-in
from http://xcell05.free.fr (There are a bunch of other useful functions in
this add-in also).

--ron