Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark O Mark O is offline

Default Count

I have an extra element to this you are missing. Your example would work if
I was counting occurences of Phoenix only. There are two columns here. One
with the vendors and one with the city. I am trying to count how many unique
vendors are in Phoenix (or which ever city I choose in the drop down).

"E10" wrote:

Assuming your data is in column a and b

Use =countif(b1:b8,"Phoenix) in column b.

"Mark O" wrote:

Looking for a formula where, using the data below, if I pick a city, such as
PHOENIX, it will count the number of unique vendors that city has. So this
example would give me the value of 4 (unique vendors A, B, C, and D).

Vendor City
A PHOENIX
B PHOENIX
B PHOENIX