Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NBurton NBurton is offline

Default Pivot table - don't group names

Thank you very much. I appreciate your reply.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

You really don't have any choice. Grouping together is what pivot tables
do... One thing you could try is to create a field in your source data that
is both first and last name together. Now add that field to your pivot.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"NBurton" wrote:

I have created an office directory using pivot tables. I have a couple of
people with the same first name and in the pivot report, it groups them by
first name. I need to have each person listed separately; therefore, instead
of one "amy" with 2 last names, I need each line to show "amy" "last name".