Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
toni.gee toni.gee is offline

Default Use Windows 'search' to find Excel files containing 'a word or phr

It should work - it does on my machine. A couple of small things worth
checking:

- is the search area specified correctly?
- have you switched off case sensitivirty?
- make sure that the test file is not hidden (or set the search to include
hidden files)
- presumably you are entering Text as the search paramater and not "Text"

"David" wrote:

the windows search feature ''find files containing <a word or phrase in the
file " does not seem to be working for me, ie finds no files on a test run
with simple text ("Test") copied from the file i am searching for
Any help would be much appreciated